Once you've decided to let your property, there are a number of simple steps to follow:-
1. Contact Blueriver, we will then arrange a date and time to visit you, discuss your requirements and carry out a market appraisal.
2. Once we have agreed the rental asking price and required timescales etc, we begin marketing your property.
The property will be advertised in our property rental listings, our website and will be advertised in the local press,
it will also appear on major UK property portals including, Findaproperty, Prime Location, Globrix, Zoopla, fish4homes and many others.
All appropriate prospective tenants registered on our database will be contacted and encouraged to view your property.
3. All viewings of your property will be accompanied and when a prospective tenant wishes to take up a tenancy, a holding deposit will be taken and references applied for via our selected credit search agency. We will also request an employers reference and a current/previous landlords reference (if applicable), to give you as much peace of mind as possible.
Rest assured that as Landlords ourselves, we would not place a tenant in your property that we would not
house in one of our own properties.
4. Upon receipt of satisfactory references, a date for occupation is agreed and a legally binding tenancy agreement signed, based on the 'Assured Shorthold Tenancy'. At the time of signing, the first months rent is paid, along with a deposit equivalent to one months rent.
5. Rent is paid to us on a monthly basis by standing order. After the deduction of our commission, the balance is forwarded to you.
6. Prior to occupation a full inventory is prepared. We will run through the inventory with the tenants
and obtain their signatures. A copy will be retained and used when inspecting the property upon the tenants vacating.
7. Gas, electricity and water meter readings are taken at the time the tenants sign the tenancy agreement
and the utility companies are notified of the tenant's details for future payments.
The tenants are required to make their own arrangements with regards to re-connecting a telephone line.
Top of page
8. We will require a copy of an up to date gas safety certificate and can arrange a gas safety check if required.
9. Regular inspections take place during the term of the tenancy (for full management)
by Blueriver and any issues dealt with. Should there be a need for remedial work or a problem
with one of the appliances which could mean expenditure, we will obtain estimates from
one of our approved maintenance contacts and submit these for your approval. Please note that we charge
a total of 10% of the total contractors fee for all maintenance items arranged and completed by us.
10. Two months prior to the end of the tenancy agreement, we will write to both yourself
and the tenant to confirm your requirements for a further letting period, or continuation of the existing tenancy.
11. The property is inspected at the end of the tenancy (full management) and the inventory checked.
No repayment of the deposit is made to the exiting tenant until we are entirely satisfied.