17 Ways To Spend The Perfect Weekend In The English Riviera
Published: Tuesday 13th May 2014
Let’s go to the English Riviera
1. If you arriving at Torquay train station saunter along Torquay seafront
Be sure not to spend too long in Torquay’s train station! Head straight to the seafront and follow it around!
2. Make your way to Abbey Park and stop for snacks at One World Cafe
Adjacent to the seafront is Abbey Park. Grab breakfast and a Devonshire cream tea in the vibrant One World Cafe, full of character!
3. Pay a visit to the beautiful Torre Abbey Historic House & Gallery
Marvel at Torre Abbey’s historical house and gallery. Containing art and antiques collections in a historic building with a palm house in 7-acre gardens!
4. Say Hello To The Penguins At Living Coasts
Make your way around the coast and visit the must see Living Coasts, home to a variety of birds, otters, penguins, fish and much more!
5. Stand awe-struck on Torquay’s beautiful coastal walk
If you continue on your path, you will find a small trail behind the imperial hotel. This winds all the way round Torquay’s coastline, up to Daddy hole plain, giving you breathe taking views along the way!
6. Become a caveman and explore Kent’s Cavern
Walk through the spooky cave systems of Torquay, which formed over 2 million years ago due to water erosion. See various archaeological features left behind by prehistoric man and dive back in time to see how Homo Sapiens lived 37,000 years ago!
7. Grab a delicious burger at the Kent’s Pub
Time to relax and re-energize! Walk 200 metres up the road and grab one of The Kent’s famous burgers. Perhaps a pint too!
8. Swim, relax and build a sandcastle at one of Torquay’s Blue Flag beaches
Trek down to Oddicombe Beach and experience its calm waters and red cliffs. Watch out however, recent cliff falls have seasoned this beach with a hint of danger! Exciting!
9. Head to the Apple & Parrot for some old fashion cider
It’s getting dark and time for alcohol! Sit outside and gaze over Torquay harbour with a cold pint of cider from The Apple & Parrot.
10. Stay in a magnificent luxury holiday home
Put your feet up, relax and enjoy the frills of staying in a luxury holiday home. Choose from one of many Devon Holiday Homes. We have rentals suitable for all tastes and groups!
11. Wake up, stretch, roll out of bed and enjoy the view
12. Hop on a cruise around the bay
If you feel like adventuring to a new area of the bay, hop on a cruise and visit Brixham or Dartmouth!
13. Stroll down Paignton Pier and prepare for fun
Be sure to check out Paignton Pier. Built in 1869, Paignton Pier has experienced many changes! Situated in the centre of the bay, with plenty of activities and food, enjoy the magnificent views Paignton Pier has to offer!
14. Time to catch your dinner!
Hire fishing equipment or bring your own, because Torbay is rich with fishing spots! Whether you’re looking to catch your dinner or enjoy the scenery, be sure to relax with a line out.
15. Pump up your adrenaline and ride Go Karts in Brixham
Churston Go Karts in Brixham has a junior and senior outdoor go karting track, with fast karts and even some 2-seater karts. Suitable for all abilities.
16. If you didn’t catch anything, grab some fish & chips in Brixham Harbour
Marvel at Brixham’s beautifully quaint harbour, with a chip in your hand!
17. Don’t forget to visit surrounding areas, like Dartmouth, Shaldon and Teignmouth!
There’s so much more to see just round the corner from Torquay, Paignton and Brixham (Photo above: Shaldon). If you have time, check out the other coastal towns and the things they have to offer!