Nestled in 32 spectacular acres, Hutchinghayes Farmhouse provides a truly unique holiday haven for groups of 8-10.
Home to a hearty handsome interior, the fully-restored 4 bed Farmhouse oozes all the effortless ambience and style of an ancient country manor; with an oak panelled entrance hall, exposed beams, wide oak floor boards, thick solid stone walls and charming inglenooks to accompany the characterful accommodation.
Complemented of course by all the must-have home comforts including a spectacular farmhouse kitchen, a sumptuous drawing room, a cosy library/TV snug room, free Wi-Fi access, log fires and a boutique country flavour to the flexible bedding arrangements; the scene is set for a memorable self-catering stay in Devon.
A captivating holiday oasis in an area of outstanding natural beauty; the Farmhouse is located within easy reach of Combe Raleigh and the well-serviced market town of Honiton. Ideal for year-round escapes, the setting also offers close proximity to the A30 and M5, as well as to Taunton, Exeter, Sidmouth Beach, the Jurassic Coast and the rugged beauty of Dartmoor.
• A delightful dual aspect room with deep window sills and large inglenook with wood burning stove.
• Sets the perfect scene for classic year-round coffee moments and evening drinks together, with two fabric sofas enabling large groups to sit comfortably.
• While away a Sunday morning or even a guilt-free day, within the ambient comfort of this charming snug-style family room.
• Complemented by classic leather seating which includes a comfortable sofa and handsome set of leather armchairs.
• The book & games library is complemented by a large flat screen TV perfect for movie moments.
• The romantic warmth and glow from the wood burning stove 'conjures up' for cosy evenings in, whilst the French doors lead onto a raised lake view terrace - perfect for that easy-going summertime flow.
• The light-filled conservatory offers magnificent views across the lake and distant Blackdown hills; for the perfect all-weather day room in which to socialise, unwind and enjoy total relaxation.
• Features two comfy soft fabric sofas, an easy chair and lovely flag stones which lead on through to the adjoining dining area complete with large rectangular table and 14 chairs.
• Truly the 'heart of the home', this fabulous farmhouse kitchen and breakfast room features exposed beams, flagstones and a family Aga with a large chef's prepping table and country dresser.
• The kitchen is complemented by an adjoining utility room with additional work tops, a fridge, freezer, dishwasher and useful service sinks plus further work surfaces.
• A kitchen back door leads out to a tiered stone terrace and small parterre where a kitchen garden, large oval table & chairs for 8 and ornamental vase flowers grow.
• Adjoining the spacious sun-lit conservatory.
• Once an old dairy and bakery, the dining room retains a rustic flavour; with the original brick bread oven still set within the inglenook fireplace.
• Perfect for year-round family entertaining for up to 14 guests who can celebrate special occasions; with a classic dinner party ambience.
Master Suite - Offering an added dose of privacy; being nestled in a separate private wing of the farmhouse above the library.
• A generous master bedroom ideal as a luxury couple-friendly room or for groups of 3
• Features a high-vaulted beamed ceiling, a feature fireplace, large flat screen TV and beautiful views across the lake and the Blackdown Hills beyond.
• Accompanied by a solid wood super king size bed an extra single bed located discreetly behind the chimney breast.
• Features a luxury full en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and elegant roll top bath, sink & WC.
Principal sleeping quarters
Reached from the second oak staircase which leads up to an impressive 1st floor vaulted landing. This floor is serviced by a traditional-style contemporary family bathroom with bath tub and overhead shower.
• A versatile bedroom suitable either for couples, as a twin option or to accommodate groups of 3.
• Furnished with a sumptuous king size bed a single bed.
• A spacious bedroom with king size bed.
• Offering views of the back terrace and featuring a long narrow airing cupboard with hanging space.
• A lovely classic Double bedroom.
• Accompanied by a flat screen TV and contemporary en-suite shower room.
The Farmhouse benefits from a shared 1st floor family bathroom (bath tub with overhead shower), a luxury Master en-suite (fitted with a walk-in shower and roll top bath tub), a second modern en-suite bathroom with shower to Bedroom 2 and a convenient cloakroom WC to the ground floor, next to the library.
Further benefits include free Wi-Fi access, many log fires, full laundry facilities and an iron and ironing board. There is also a personal welcome by the owner on arrival.
The Farmhouse setting is also home to a second holiday home known as 'Hutchinghayes Barn' (sleeps 4) and the Estate owner (who discreetly resides in a separate dwelling, behind a screened locked gate).
The Farmhouse features a garage and private parking spaces. Please note that due to limitations of parking at the property, day guests are permitted by prior arrangement with the property owner only.
Within the immediate surroundings of the Farmhouse, guests can enjoy a relaxed summertime feast out on the covered BBQ terrace or amongst the pretty potted geraniums which grace the sunny sheltered dining terrace.
Nestled within romantic shared landscaped grounds, guests will be able to soak up pure holiday escapism the moment they step out the door.
Home to an Italianate courtyard with trickling fountain, lush sweeping lawns, two magnificent lakes, tucked-away streams, sun-speckled bluebell woods, gentle rolling pastures and even resident Koi Carp, Mallard ducks, grazing fenced-off sheep and a pig; guests can easily leave the worries of the modern world at home and enjoy the good life.
With many of the pretty vistas captured by well-placed benches, guests can relax with a good book, practice their yoga or enjoy an afternoon of painting or photography amongst the inspirational natural setting.
Simply made for exploration too; the gardens offer the perfect respite for those alone or with company. From the main sweeping lawn, a romantic 'Monet' bridge leads to an island where two pretty bridges grace a gushing stream, which lead down towards the lower lake.
Both the top and bottom lakes offer a timeless sense of wonder and escapism, with the larger bottom lake serving up a classic picnic-perfect moment too by the rustic boat house, with views from there of a pretty lake folly.
Please be aware that Hutchinghayes has a 5 foot deep fountain in the courtyard and the property is surrounded by a private open plan garden of lawns which extend to the upper and lower deep water lakes. Because of the nature of the property, its grounds and its wonderful views, the lakes are not fully fenced off. It is not therefore suitable for young children; swimming, boating and fishing are not permitted and visitors are asked to take the utmost care when in the courtyard or garden.
The Farmhouse is conveniently placed for reaching Combe Raleigh, as well as the throng of highly-recommended eateries, restaurants and antique shops found in the well-serviced market town of Honiton. The historic market town of Honiton is well known for its lace, and as such offers the Allhallows Museum; where visitors can take an interesting journey through its manufacturing heritage.
For those seeking action whilst away, a wide selection of golf clubs, walking routes and bridle ways can be found around this surrounding natural beauty spot. Classic beach days, water sports and walks await your enjoyment too at nearby Sidmouth and along the Jurassic coast, whilst bird shoots and fishing can be found along the River Exe and Barle. The racing opportunities at nearby Wincanton, Taunton, Exeter and Newton Abbot, the many shops and cosmopolitan distractions of Taunton and Exeter and the leisure pursuits of nearby Dartmoor and Exmoor National Park all promise to keep young and old happy.
Honiton offers easy access to the A30 (for London, the South West and the national road network) as well as the M5 motorway. Serviced by a train station too, Honiton can easily be reached from London Waterloo in 2 hours 45 minutes. Nearby Taunton (17 miles) offers a London Paddington service that takes 1 hour 45 minutes. The Farmhouse is also easily accessible for those arriving by domestic or international flight; with Exeter and Bristol Airports both nearby.
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Ground floor WC
- Open fire/woodburner
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
The most lovely property with a spectacular garden - we would highly recommend it to friends and family and hope to return one day. Liz was charming and helpful. When I spoke to a member of the Discovery team they were most friendly helpful and efficient. Mrs Valerie McCarthy - 9th September 2018
A wonderful farmhouse in an enchanting place, relaxing, typically English with lovely furniture. Liz is a very kind host and we hope to come again soon.Ciucani Family, Italy - 13th June 2018
Fabulous property with plenty of space for a large family get together - gorgeous garden and great views - nothing to fault it!Mrs J Thellusson - 8th April 2018
Well furnished with everything in working order, as if it is your own home. Excellent quality of bedlinens and towels.Ms Elaine Liversage - 30th October 2017
We loved it, and had such a great time. Very sad to leave.Christian Finn - 5th October 2017
Nice Kitchen Layout with Large Island. Our host Liz was very helpful!Colby Snyder - 27th September 2017
We all had a fantastic time and fell in love with Hutchinghayes! Such a beautiful and peaceful house. Jenna Long, Isle of Wight - 22nd August 2017
A beautiful house and a lovely and inspiring garden. Every morning and evening a quiet stroll around the lake made us happy to be here, seeing new details each time. The weather also was perfect. Hope to come again!Shah Family, Cheshire - 20th May 2017
We had a family gathering to celebrate a 90th birthday. The house was perfect and the grounds just lovely and peaceful. We had a fantastic stay, thanks Liz! We are sure we will be back!Dickinson Family - Leicester - 1st November 2016
Well what can we say - your beautiful house and grounds helped make our greatest weekend ever! We will truly never forget the fun and laughter we had over the themed weekend! We are all sure we will see you again LizMoscrop Family, Weymouth - 1st October 2016
Thank you for sharing your lovely home with us Liz, and for your kind hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed a much needed relaxing week away, and to spend it in such a beautiful place was a privilege.Melissa Halleron, Kent - 1st October 2016
Great holiday was had by all - what a lovely house and grounds. Thanks for all your hospitality Liz - we hope to be back soon.Day & Green Families, Bishops Stortford - 1st August 2016
Wow! What an amazing place hutchinghayes is. The place has amazing views and is very quiet. I would definitely book again. We have had a fab stay here in this fabulous house, it truly is breathtaking with beds and bed linen to die for! We've never slept so well. Thank you Liz for being a great host and for sharing your home with us. We will be back!Jess Tonna, Berkshire - 1st August 2016
We spent such a good time at Hutchinghayes Farmhouse and we wish to come back soon. Our children miss the animals, especially the dogs and Honey the pig! We all loved the large, beautiful garden, the charming house and all those helpful and friendly people! It was great! Thanks!Family Glanzmann, Switzerland - 1st August 2016
We have had a wonderful holiday, the house and grounds were so, so much more than we expected. We relaxed, the sun shone, it was idyllic and luxurious. Thank you we feel completely spoilt!Mccord and Radford Families, Derby - 1st August 2016
We passed such a good time here in Devon and the beautiful farmhouse. The children will miss the animals, especially Honey the pig and the dogs. Thanks so much Liz, we've spent a wonderful holiday at Hutchinghayes!The Glanzmann Family - Switzerland - 1st July 2016
What a truly amazing home you have Liz and it has been our privilege to share it this week. We have never stayed anywhere as splendid! Thank you for your welcoming hospitality and helpfulness.De Graff Family - Grimsby - 1st July 2016
We enjoyed our week in the lap of luxury! We loved the magnificently restored and furnished farmhouse and the pastoral setting, complete with unforgetable Honey! Liz could not have been more charming and helpful. Thank you Liz, we loved walking around your wonderful home and grounds. Just wonderful surrounding and kind and friendly welcome from Liz. Thank you!Turek Family - USA, Yorkshire & London - 1st July 2016
As Veterans of houses in this area, we can truly say that this is one of the most beautiful. The setting is magical and we have had a really lovely week, helped by glorious weather and your kind and helpful suggestions Liz. Thank you so much, we hope to see you again. P.S. The house is so well equipped you have thought of everything and we love your piggy!!Samuels Family, Hampton - 1st May 2016
We had a wonderful stay, truly relaxing. Liz is wonderful and made us feel really comfortable and at home here. We plan to come back for either Christmas or Summer 2017. A lovely comfortable country house - Wonderful!Trubridge Family - Hayward Heath - 1st April 2016
As they say in Holland, there is a time for coming and a time for going. Unfortuntely, our time has come to go. We have very much enjoyed our stay at your place. What a great place this is with all the wildlife (invited and uninvited!), the beautiful gardens, and fantastic kitchen. Thank you for your warm hospitality and your advice on places to go and eat. On behalf of the children give an extra paw to the dogs!Paul and Family, Holland - 1st April 2016
Fantastic house, everything we needed was here. Liz is an extremely friendly host and made us feel really welcome. We will be back!Cecil Family, Ashbourne - 1st March 2016