- £650 per week
- £93 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- Pony trekking/horse riding
Important - please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
A real Devon delight just a stones throw from Agatha Cristie's home of 'Greenaway', overlooking the River Dart.
Full description to follow shortly.
Providing a picturesque holiday scene in which to relax and explore, with all the famous visitor attractions and charms of Devon right on the doorstep, this period farmhouse cottage offers the perfect haven to suit all guests - in all seasons!
The charming 250 year old farmhouse is known as 1 of the 7 historical village houses which originally made up Galmpton, and today its romantic period features have been carefully retained and enhanced, with a generous dose of modern-day comfort and luxury touches provided inside, to make family, friends and even pets feel at home! The inviting semi-detached farmhouse nestles in a sunny country garden with surrounding fields above; to offer the perfect tranquil self-catering break away from all the hustle and bustle.
Amenities in Galmpton Farmhouse:
- Brand new lounge sofas & carpeting throughout.
- 4 bedrooms - 3 king-sized bedrooms & 1 twin bedroom with 2'6 twin beds - all with wardrobes, drawers and TV's in three of the 4 bedrooms.
- 1 en-suite shower room in the master bedroom, first floor family bathroom with large corner bath and separate shower cubicle & ground floor cloak room WC.
- Fully equipped kitchen & utility area with dishwasher, washing machine, American fridge freezer, microwave, bread maker, cafetiere, toaster & kettle.
- Dining room with seating for 8 guests to enjoy.
- Lovely cosy lounge with real fire & large wall mounted TV - perfect for relaxing.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the house.
- 4 TV’s, DVD, a selections of films, Smart TV (FreeView) & a large selection of games & books.
- Bed linen and towels provided but please bring your own beach towels.
- Travel cot & high chair available at the farmhouse.
- Two off road parking spaces can be conveniently be found next to the farmhouse, along the quiet cul-de-sac lane.
The local area boasts a great selection of dining-out options for guests to enjoy; from the local family-friendly country pub known as 'Manor Inn' and the highly-recommended Churston Court Inn to the Oyster Shack in Bigbury, the sophisticated historical Tanners Restaurant in Plymouth and the relaxed all-day Café Alf Resco in Dartmouth; whatever tickles your taste buds, you will find it here in South Devon!
Pretty Galmpton also boasts an excellent organic butcher's and village shop to enable guests to easily dine in during their holiday; for a perfectly flexible self-catering stay! The historic fishing town of Brixham is also just 3 miles down the road and has many fine cafés, restaurants & pubs.
Guests of all ages and interests are spoilt for choice for things to do in this idyllic part of Devon; with a great range of beaches, surfing and fishing spots, famous visitor attractions, picturesque resort towns, the Shaldon Approach & Churston Golf courses and the popular National Trust Greenway Walk plus the South West Coastal Path which overlooks Galmpton Creek, are all located within reach of the farmhouse.
Agatha Christie's Greenway House & Gardens, managed by the National Trust and open to visitors, is situated just an enviable stroll away from the holiday cottage, just 1.6 miles away; making it a must for any holiday itinerary here!
Riverboat cruises along the River Dart and taking a ride on the Dartmouth Steam Railway are also must-have visitor experiences to enjoy - with breathtakingly-classic English Riviera scenery you will never forget!
The popular seaside resort of Torquay, with its vibrant marina, Living Coasts sea-life centre and vibrant night life can also be reached in just 16 minutes by car from Galmpton, making this holiday cottage extremely accessible for reaching all of Devon's most-treasured delights!
Notes:This property has a refundable Accidental Damage Deposit of £350, which is payable to Blueriver Cottages with the final balance of your holiday, eight weeks prior to your arrival, and is refunded within 5 working days of your departure. Alternatively, you may wish to pay a non-refundable Accidental Damage Deposit Waiver equivalent to 10% of the Accidental Damage Deposit value, which covers you for the full value of the Accidental Damage Deposit, should any damage occur during your stay. . For a full list of beds, as well as amenities available at this property, please go to our 'At a Glance' tab below the photo gallery.